Slightly set back from the high street this is a church of 1844 with a chancel added in 1859 designed by Canon Richard North. Since it’s foundation as a mission in 1842 in Deptford to serve the Irish dock workers who had settled there to work on the shipyards and railways of London, the church has served the faithful for nearly 200 years.
In modern times, Deptford has seen a change in its social fabric as the immigrant community comprising of mainly Africans and Asians congregated in the area. The majority of the faithful come from African nations. We have Indians, Vietnamese and Chinese in the mix.